Colindale is a London Underground station in Colindale, a suburb of north London. The station is on the north-south Edgware branch of the Northern line, between Burnt Oak and Hendon Central stations.
The station opened on 18 August 1924 on the north side of Colindale Avenue, on what was then the 'Hampstead and Highgate Line', the first station of the second section of the extension to Edgware. The platforms were located underneath the east-west road, not just on one side, and the station had a classical style building designed by Underground Architect Stanley Heaps, which was destroyed by bombing in the Second World War.
T. E. Lawrence ('Lawrence of Arabia') regularly used the station when he was stationed at the nearby Hendon Aerodrome, and it was the source of the pen name "Colin Dale" which he used to submit articles for The Spectator during 1927 and 1928.